Appointment Time:40-60 minutes
Common reasons women seek our help.
During and after pregnancy care is one of the most common reasons to seek our help:
- Prepare your body to adjust to the many changes it will face during pregnancy
- Treat pelvic girdle, pubic symphysis, tailbone pain
- Treat bowel and bladder dysfunction and incontinence (leaking)
- how to contract and relax on command
- Prepare the perineal tissues for a vaginal birth and teach you how to use your diaphragm and deep abdominal muscles to help your uterus push
- Guide your tissue healing after birth – improve perineal tear scarring and c-section scarring
- Check and recover your diastasis recti abdominis (abdominal tissue separation)
- Return to activity and sport
- Dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse)
Common reasons parents/caregivers seek our help for children.
Children's Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is to help children with the following issues:
- Fecal incontinence
- Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Overactive or underactive bladder (peeing too often or not frequently enough)
- Stress incontinence (urine leakage with coughing/sneezing/laughing/exercise, etc.)
Common reasons men seek our help for pelvic health.
Men’s pelvic health problems do not end with the prostate. Other problems include:
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Overactive Bladder
- Postvoid Dribbling
- Chronic urinary tract infections (UTI’s)
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Ejaculatory Dysfunction
- Peyronie’s disease
- Persistent low back pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Coccydynia (tailbone pain)
As Pelvic Health Physiotherapists we can specialize in the treatment of pelvic health concerns. Our goal is to assist our patients in resuming their daily or nightly activities as quickly as possible. Our ultimate goal is the ability to help decrease the impact that their pelvic health is having on their lives. What makes us different from other physiotherapists is our training to assess the pelvic floor muscles directly through the vagina or the rectum.
We can assist women during and after pregnancy (the most common reason women seek our help), children who are having difficulties eliminating their bowel and/or have bladder problems that may be a cause to low confidence and self esteem, and men who may suffer from bladder or sexual dysfunction as a result of the prostrate impacting the surrounding tissues.
Contact us for an assessment to determine if our pelvic health treatment is the right treatment for you.