We Look Forward to Exceeding your Expectations
APTC, formerly Alberta Physical Therapy Clinics Inc., was established in Medicine Hat, AB in September 1986 as the brainchild of two young physiotherapists, Gloria Mazloum and Pippa Strachan.
Their vision is still continuing 33 years later. The clinic remains locally owned and operated, by Deb MacLeod, and is proud to serve and support Medicine Hat and surrounding area with quality physiotherapy. After outgrowing our previous clinic on Dunmore Road, we moved to our current location in September of 1998, giving us 4,000 sq feet of space to work with.
Our professional staff is dedicated to continuing with their post-graduate education to improve effectiveness and have over 100 years of cumulative clinical experience to offer the people of this region. We are committed to providing quality individual based rehabilitation to assist in the return to work, sport, and activities of daily living.
We have been the longest-serving Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) clinic in this region and have maintained above average outcomes in the province for a successful return to work of injured workers. We also have a high patient satisfaction rating on our post-treatment surveys.
The physiotherapists are all members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and are members in good standing of the College of Physical Therapist of Alberta, the licensing body for the province of Alberta.
Alberta Physical Therapy Clinics strives to be your Centre of Excellence by promising to:
- always treat you in a warm, professional manner
- work with you in establishing your goals and doing our very best to meet them
- actively participate in health promotion and injury/illness prevention within our community
- take pride in all that we do and to offer you skilled and up to date treatments to the best of their abilities
- remain sensitive to the ever-changing healthcare environment and the welfare of our clients
We are always grateful when our satisfied clients share their positive experiences with ourselves and others
- Completed the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE written)
- Eligible to take the practical exam with CAPR
- Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Licensed with Physiotherapy Alberta
- Eligible for membership with Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
As one of the longest-running physiotherapy clinics in our region we have a wealth of experience to offer, whether you’re experienced or a new grad, our team works together to give our patients the best outcomes possible.
Our facility is committed to the comprehensive assessment, treatment, and management of a variety of patients including private pay, MVA, WCB, Canadian Forces/Veterans affairs, and insurance.
Our support staff takes care of all your billing and administrative needs so that you can focus on your patients, treatment, reporting, and charting.
We are looking for a physio that is excited to work in a collaborative team setting.
Our beautiful city is teaming with lots to do. There are paths for walking, running or biking throughout. Come to one of our many parks for a romp with your dog, a movie in the park, outdoor yoga, a family get together, or quiet picnic for 2. There are five golf courses to challenge and improve your game.
The small town feels with all the amenities of city living.
Cesar Rodriguez Velez
Excellent service and VERY knowledgeable staff! Deb was amazing in improving pain and mobility.